Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Friday, May 31, 2013

Well, that was stupid.

Some words of advice when it comes to getting your hair done: DON'T even think about coloring it yourself days after you paid someone to do it. I have been so good about leaving my hair to the professionals after I decided to grow it out and go blonde which has been for the past three and a half years but for some reason I thought I should try my hand at it again. See the thing is I'm really funny about my hair color, I'm never really happy with the the shade of blonde and I've had a hard time finding a stylist who understands my look. I tried out a new girl at a beautiful salon downtown Portland and she did such a knock out job to my hair but in an urge of impulse I stopped by Sally's Beauty Supply for a bottle of platinum toner to throw over my freshly colored locks. Dummy! My hair turned taupe. TAUPE! I freaked out bad. I mean, I had worked so hard over the past few years to get it to a really light color and to an actual healthy state and there I go and mess it all up. Damn! So last weekend with instructions from my patient stylist I washed the hell out of my hair with dish soap and by Tuesday I made a dash stop to the salon to have her fix it. You guys, in a matter of an hour she was able to get my hair practically back to it's pretty blonde state. It's definitely a little darker then what it was before but I frankly I don't even mind because it seriously beats having dirt colored hair. So don't be so impulsive with your hair color because it might just bite you in the ass!
That's it, just a post about my silly hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment