Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mother's Day

Papa took the day off so we hung around the house, walked to the park, took fun photo booth pictures, drank wine and ate pizza. Sometimes it's the little things that make the most impact. I woke up wanting to be swooped off me feet with flowers and an extra special breakfast... and quickly learned that it wasn't going to happen today. Steve has been in a funky whirlwind with working so much and our money has been really tight right now for an upcoming road trip AND not to mention that Steve isn't so great in the gift giving department SO I pretty much knew nothing fancy would happen like that. I was pretty bummed this morning feeling neglected but I really had to stand back and tell myself to snap the hell out of it! My awesome husband took the day off to be with us and we had the whole day to do whatever we wanted with the number one person who made us parents and that's pretty damn cool if you ask me. So with a little attitude change and a sweet family, my day ended up being pretty freaking awesome!
But you better believe I want breakfast made for me next weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. I think one of the hardest things about marriage is accepting another person's love language. My husband cooks, but doesnt think of gifts or cards or making sure the house is clean, which are my go to's for someone else's special day. So if I am being self absorbed, I can feel neglected. But damn. He woke me with breakfast in bed (had the boy buy me flowers on Saturday)took us on a train ride to the library to look for a particular book I had mentioned, and made me GF pizza. We all show it in different ways. Happy Mama's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. thanks for writing about this. i think a lot of mama's feel a little disappointed on this big day but we feel silly and selfish for saying anything out loud. we all celebrate differently and that's an important thing to learn in a marriage. but it doesn't always make it easier. my mother's day was overall a good one but i found myself not being able to shake the fact that all my expectations hadn't been met. which made me feel awful (and i am sure i took it out on my lover). overall though, i reminded myself, i have the most amazing family and that loves me no matter what, and, like you said, that's the most important thing!

    happy mother's day, cora!

    ReplyDelete