Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Thursday, November 1, 2012

tricks and treats

Hi guys, first Halloween was a success! I woke up kind of cranky and didn't really shake the grumps till later in the afternoon and by then Steve started to get in a funk too. I think he was a little let down that we didn't spend Miles' first Halloween with any of his buddies that have children. It wasn't for lack of trying, we just couldn't coordinate with anyone for some reason. Also, I realized that with him having only one day off a week it adds extra pressure to get as much family/errands/projects time in as possible which can drive anyone a little nuts. I need to cool it on the to-do lists and learn to relax a little more. Know what I mean? Anyways, by the time we took Miles around to our closest neighbors we were in much better moods and had fun sharing such a cool holiday memory with our son. You can win em' all and yesterday, fun holiday or not, was just not our best but by the end of the day we sucked it up and ended up having a really awesome time together.
On a side note, Miles said his first real, repetitive word this week, MAMA!! Holy smokes, it's the cutest thing ever. "Mamamama MAMA MAAAM" all day long. So cool! 
And hey, my birthday is in two hours, 25!! I am so thankful for this past year. So many exciting, important things have happened to us. I'm feeling extra blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and Im in love! Miles is the cutest little boy I have ever seen. and I am in love with your design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! You have a great blog yourself. Thanks for finding us :)

      Delete