Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home is where I want to be

These three buds and myself hung out in bed till almost 11:00 yesterday morning! Honestly, the entire day looked a lot like this and it ruled so hard. There are some days that I just don't want to run errands all day schlepping baby in and out of the car and with the return of rain this week I leaped at the opportunity to stay dry in our warm home. Proudly we only left the house once to Trader Joes to pick up rosemary bread, oatmeal soap bars and chocolate pretzel yum yums (obviously this was an important TJ trip) but other then that we parked our asses in front of the TV and watched The Holiday and Rango with frequent snoozing and playing breaks. Tonight when papa came home he kindly removed my armful of Miles and shared sweet laughs and beard pulling with baby. The rest of the evening we ate great food, listened to records and backtracked on a few missed episodes of Mad Men. All in all it felt damn good to be indoors with my wee one doing as little as possible for a change.
 Monday Miles and I went to Home Depot for more paint, Babies R' Us for a shower gift, Target for picture frames and shitwedon'tneed, picked up lunch from a burrito joint, ran through two thrift stores, came home priced merchandise, played lots with babe and then hair color appointment from 6:30 to 10:00. My days look like that way too often and I would like to better manage my to-do lists so that I can accomplish my chores throughout the week instead of jam packed running around everyday. Tuesday felt too sweet to not happen more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment