Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

From me to you


So this is what I'm thinking, I would love it if I could do a monthly thrift exchange with three friends. I thrift shop about 4 times a week in search of items to sell in my mall space and because Im always bringing home a wide variety of kiddo clothing and kitschy home goods I figured Id share the wealth! For instance I am always finding boots that aren't my size and vintage girl clothes that are too small for my nieces so I just end up selling them which is great but would be even greater to have a particular person in mind while shopping next time. And really how many damn owls can I hoard all to myself? I think that this will be a really fun way to make special packages to my blog friends and get a little something sweet in return!
Heres the plan, We exchange addresses and our children's sizes and sometime in March we will send our gifts to one another randomly. Amount of items and price is totally up to each individual person but it just has to come from a second hand store or a yard/estate sale. I'm totally excited about this and I hope you play along!

11 comments:

  1. DUDE!!! FLIPPING EXCELLENT IDEA!!! I am so excited about this, like SO excited!!!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily whats your email so we can exchange information.

      Delete
    2. mmm, i never got sent an email saying that you replied to this! Sorry i didn't respond!

      xo em

      Delete
  2. Hell yes!! Shoot me an email at Coradcrandall@gmail.com and we can exchange info. This is going to be awesome! Feel free to share this idea. I think it will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO IN! Thanks for inviting ;)

    Emailing you now

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And those moccasins. So divine. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i have just found your blog, i just adore oppy finds and have a treasure trove of lovely stuff in my attic. Id love to join you gals but living in Sydney the post would be difficult. Love your idea! I too love those moccasins. Please pop over to my blog and have a peek at my life, my beach house project, Baby Rowan and my handmade children's clothing collection. Im following you and cant wait to see more of your thrift finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It so funny that you think of me because is already do this with some of my instagram friends! we are dress pen pals to each other. its a group of five girls and we have never met each other in person and we just randomly send vintage dresses to each other.

    so i say all that to say I'm DOWN! LOL

    EMAIL ME- roxysworldblog@gmail.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great idea exchanging dresses! I think this will be really fun. Ill email you in a minute.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I already have three friends doing it but if your interested we should exchange as well! You have great taste and your blog and family are amazing!

      Delete