Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

11 Questions

Have you guys seen this 11 Things post floating around?  The lovely Jess tagged me so heres mine.

There are five rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.
11 Random Things
1. I have no clue how to exercise! Not one damn clue. I somehow talked my way out of any physical sport that was mandatory in school and I way that girl dragged to the gym by her friends who smoked cigarettes on the outside treadmill... ya pretty pathetic but its just not my thing. After Miles was born my poor body needs some TLC so this year I may need to buck up and actually do something about it. But in all honesty I'm hoping it magically disappears tomorrow.

2. Five years ago I impulsively became engaged to a man I knew for nearly two months. Seriously. Four days before the wedding he left me. Seriously!! It was really painful and confusing but if he hadn't realized that we were being crazy I would have never moved to Portland, met Steve or had our son.

3. Ever since I was a wee one I would leave my mom love notes by her door or in her purse. Even now when she visits I always make sure to sneak a note or two in her bag reminding her how great she is. Like a good mama she keeps them all.

4. Our baby boy, Miles Waylon Wolf,  is named after three righteous musicians. Miles Davis, Waylon Jennings and Howlin' Wolf.

5. I use to be really embarrassed of thrift stores. When I was in grade school I felt humiliated and poor going into a thrift shop with my mom. Shopping there symbolized not being able to afford new things which when your young means more then it really should. Im not sure when it changed for me but buying second hand is pretty much the only way I shop now and in fact thats how Ive learned to make a living. Not to mention I find it thrilling to thrift! 

6. Steve is 15 years older then me. 

7. I really want to take sewing lessons this year. I would love to be able to make things for Miles and alter my own clothes. I actually really like hand sewing but using a sewing machine would make things much easier and a lot less time consuming.

8. I love love love June Carter Cash's voice. This is one of my most favorite songs. 

9. It drives me insane how clueless Steve is on the computer. Ohh I love him dearly but Im pretty sure Miles can type faster then him. For reals. 

10. I would love for my beau to build us a green house this summer for our backyard. He has a major green thumb and its the sweetest thing to watch him tend to his plants. We have a great size yard and Id love to spend some time in it this spring to make it look as dreamy as this.

11. I'm a lousy bike rider, aliens freak me out, I get major hair envy and I don't know how to whistle. 

 Questions from Jess
1. Who's your #1 celebrity crush? 
Gael García Bernal
 
2. What's your zodiac sign?
Scorpio

3. Do you feel your age?
Mehh, Sure

4. If you already have a kid(s)- do you want more? If you don't- do you want to have kids?
Ya know, We arnt too sure. We both feel great about having one child but that may all change when Miles gets older and we miss having a little one around.

5. Which movie character (not the star playing them!) do you think you're most like?
I have no clue.
 
6. What's your favorite cocktail ever?
Whiskey Ginger
 
7. If you could trade places with any blogger for a week, who would it be?
Probably Naomi from Rockstar Diaries or the babes over at Oh So Lovely Vintage.

8. Could you have ever been a contestant on Fear Factor?
I never watched the show but I definitely couldn't eat crazy bugs.
 
9. Are you a morning or night person?
 Night. I'm most creative and motivated at night. Also baby M sleeps till 9 or 10 every morning so we take our time waking up.

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well we are in the works to open a vintage mall here in Portland by next year so that will definitely be up and running, have a happy and healthy family and more road trips.

11. If you had to live in a reality tv show, which would it be?
We don't watch cable so I'm out of the loop with reality shows but I do love American Pickers. Those guys have my dream job.

Questions for the ladies Ill be tagging: 
1. Do you collect anything?
2. If you could travel any where in the States, where would you go?
 3. Whats your favorite Bill Murray movie?
4.Who is your all time favorite band/ musician?
5. Are there any hobbies you want to pick up this year?
6. If you could visit a different time era which would it be?
7. How did you come up with your kiddos name(s)?
8. What is the best thing you thrifted lately?
9. Are you a picky eater?
10. What is one thing you miss about being pregnant?
11. Would you rather spend a day with Woody Allen, Elijah Woods or Clint Eastwood?

I tag whoever wants to play!

4 comments:

  1. seriously dude, look how cute you are!! And those earings... man I gotta save me some cash and hit up your shop!

    xo em

    p.s hope the holiday was ACE!! yeow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so....The fact that you love Gael Garcia Bernal, Howlin' Wolf AND Live in my most favorite place to visit.....made me strangely excited to read your blog. lol

    ReplyDelete